Ski Sundown (3rd - 5th grades) - Winter 2022
Ski Sundown is back!
The Ski/Snowboard program is scheduled for 5 Mondays in 2022: 1/3, 1/10, 1/24, 1/31, and 2/7. (COVID-19 make-up day is February 14, 2022 - parent transportation is required).
Students ages 8 years and older can register for the Ski Sundown program. Students are transported to and from the mountain. Staff and parent volunteers are present on the bus and at the mountain. Lessons are available if you wish to have your child participate in them. Group lessons will occur at 4:30pm each week. If your child does not sign up for lessons they will not receive any instruction from Ski Sundown staff or our parent volunteer chaperone's.
Face masks will be required on the bus and when you are inside the lodge at the mountain except when eating or drinking.
Please read the following on registration, refunds, and our behavior policy. You must answer yes that you have read and understood the policies to proceed with this registration.
When registering online you will be prompted to print out and complete Ski Sundown's waiver form.
This form must be returned to the Parks and Recreation Department within 1 week of your online registration date (or by Thursday, November 4th; whichever comes first) in order for your registration to be confirmed. Failure to return the signed form will result in your child's place in the program being forfeited and your fee refunded. Registration ends by Thursday, November 4th or when all available spots are taken, whichever comes first.
After Thursday, November 4th there will be a $25.00 late fee charged by Ski Sundown.
Ski Sundown waiver forms can be mailed to : East Granby Recreation Parks & Recreation, P.O. Box 1858, East Granby, CT 06026 OR faxed to 860-413-3702 OR returned in person to the Parks & Recreation Office (79 North Main Street). Please do not scan and email forms to the office.
•REGISTRATION IS LIMITED.
•REFUNDS FOR BUS SEAT from the Recreation Department will be granted for medical reasons only (meaning child is unable to ski for remainder of trip schedule--doctor's note is required).
•SKI SUNDOWN'S REFUND POLICY: (This applies to all fees except the bus transportation fee). Full refund less $25.00 administrative fee will be given if request is made in writing and received by Ski Sundown from the group leader prior to January 3, 2022. No refunds or credits will be given after this date unless the protection policy criteria are met. The protection policy is added to your program and will reimburse the cost of your program on a prorated basis in the event of injury or illness that prevents your child's completion of the program. The illness or injury must be confirmed by a letter from a licensed physician, and the refund request must be received from the group leader prior to end of season. Program changes can be made at no charge up to the start of the program.
•TRIP CANCELLATIONS will be announced at the school on the day of the skiing and also via the email address that you use for this registration. Cancellation notice will also be on the Parks and Recreation Office phone (860-653-7660). If school is closed due to the weather conditions, skiing is cancelled. Make-ups will be rescheduled if approved by Ski Sundown.
- Every skier will be held responsible for his or her actions while at Ski Sundown. This includes behavior on the bus, skiing on the mountain, and socializing with friends in the bus area. All students must ride to and from Sundown on the buses provided.
- Any student found drinking or in possession of alcoholic beverages or a controlled substance, using vulgarities or skiing/snowboarding in a reckless manner will be dismissed from the program without a refund.
- Bus refunds are for medical reasons, or family relocation. Medical refunds must be confirmed by a letter from a licensed physician.
- Skiers are expected to follow the skier's responsibility code found in the handouts.
- It is the student's responsibility to return down the mountain and return to our designated table in the Lodge at the designated time. Failure to do so may result in suspension from the program without a refund.
- It is the parent's responsibility to be at the East Granby Middle School parking lot no later than 7:00pm to pick up their child. East Granby's bus will leave Ski Sundown promptly at 6:30pm
Additional Program Notes
- Seymour School students will be picked up at the school and will be dismissed by the office staff approximately 10 minutes before the end of the day.
- Gear should be dropped off at the School in the morning each week.
- Pick-Up is at the East Granby Middle School Gym parking lot promptly at 7:00pm.
- Transportation to the mountain will either be on the senior mini bus or a motor coach bus.
Additional Forms and Files: